We are seeking to appoint an exceptional HR Operations Manager on behalf of our London-based Client, a super business within the luxury interiors industry. Responsibility for overseeing and leading the HR function, with a focus on developing a well-rounded People Plan, which improves the culture within the business and actively supports business growth. You will apply HR best practice to a fast paced and expanding business, excellent attention to detail, excellent time management and an on-going commitment to fulfilling the business needs.
- Set strategic HR priorities for the Company over the short, medium and long term and lead on the delivery of HR projects, initiatives and policies, which support and sustain the business effectively.
- Provide guidance and advice to Heads of Department on strategic initiatives such as resource planning, change management and organisational design which support the growth and development of the business overall.
- Work closely with the senior management team to accommodate and plan for their future human capital needs and requests.
- Manage the recruitment process for senior roles within the business, for example Directors and Departmental Heads, including drafting job descriptions, shortlisting candidates, attending interviews and inputting into the final decision making process.
- Proactively lead and manage the HR team, ensuring the required standard of service provision by providing day-to-day coaching, encouragement and development to ensure excellent HR support to all areas of the business and the persuasiveness necessary to overcome initial pushback.
- Lead in all areas of employee relations, performance management, absence management, disciplinary and grievance process, including advising on how to resolve conflict, manage difficult employees and conduct effective performance management and improvement plans.
- Use appropriate online tools to benchmark salary data to aid in budget setting and resource planning and make recommendations to ensure the Company remains competitive within the marketplace.
- Ensure that all employees receive an appropriate level of induction to their role and to the company, to ensure that they are engaged and receive appropriate training and skills from the outset.
- Ensure the continuous professional development of the HR team, enabling them to comply with employment law and data protection legislation in the daily undertaking of their duties.
- Take ownership of developing, reviewing and maintaining all HR Policies, Employee Handbooks, HR Procedures, Employee Contracts and Service Agreements in line with review dates, liaising with Citation and the in-house Lawyer to ensure such documents fully comply with current Employment Legislation.
- Ensure that all discipline and grievance issues are handled on a timely basis, investigations and hearings are conducted thoroughly and professionally and in line with the company’s procedures, to ensure the business is protected at all times.
- Personally provide transactional HR support and advice to company directors on any HR or Employee Relations matter.
- Personally provide transactional HR support to managers on difficult or complex employment relations matters where the scope of the case is beyond the scope and experience of the HR team.
- A charismatic HR leader with ability to inspire and succeed.
- Able to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Possess excellent operational HR experience.
- Sound knowledge and practical application of UK employment law & legislation.
- Sound knowledge of effective performance management practices and coaching support.
- Emotionally intelligent with a creative approach to Human Resources and Employee Relationship.
- Superb communication, coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience of dealing with and resolving people issues
- Demonstrate a professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Be honest, discreet and trustworthy when handling confidential information
- Possess the vision, passion and drive to succeed in a senior role.
- A highly competitive salary plus incentive scheme and company benefits
Register your interest
Apply with your up-to-date CV in Word format, along with a covering letter. Alternatively, call us for a confidential discussion.
HCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.