Are you a General Manager within the travel and tourism industry?
Are you managing a profitable travel business?
Seeking a challenging opportunity where you can grow and develop personally and professionally?
Our Client is within the travel and tourism business, they are one of the largest travel agencies within their country and operate from multiple branches. IATA approved and general sales agents for several carriers. With huge potential to further expand service offerings they’re now seeking to appoint an experienced General Manager – Travel to develop strategic policies and programs for corporate travel and holiday destination packages
- Lead and develop a team of 25+ people to handle and oversee all travel arrangements (ticketing/tours) and operations
- Manage relationships with travel agencies and vendors
- Negotiation of rates and contracts with travel service providers
- Monitor and manage compliance in all aspects of travel procedures
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of the business
Who we’re looking for
- Experienced Travel General Manager, either with a Travel Agency or Airline such as Lufthansa or Swiss Air etc..
- Ability to build and manage teams
- IATA certification would be advantageous
- Knowledgeable with GDS rules and regulations
- Expert knowledge in ticketing on GDS
- Knowledge of international travel regulations, currencies and customs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong financial planning and organisational skills
- Customer Service focussed
- Bachelor’s Degree essential
What’s on offer
A tax-free package consisting of base salary GBP £71,000 – £72,000 per annum, plus company car, medical, annual flight, housing allowance, leave and incentives
Apply with your up-to-date CV in Word format.
HCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.