You are here:
HCP International Limited (company number 06300824) ("HCP International") is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices or other international websites or offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
HCP International may collect your personal details, including your name, contact details (including e-mail address), sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin and information from your CV. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
1. to provide our services to you
2. to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
3. to enable you to submit your CV generally, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
4. to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
5. to answer your enquiries;
6. to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
7. where you are registered as a candidate on our database, your personal information may be accessible by our other offices globally wherever they are based (e.g. in the United Kingdom, Middle East and Asia) to enable us to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development, systems development and testing;
8. by the HCP International group of companies worldwide to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you, including tailoring our website when you log on to make it relevant to you personally;
9. to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as HCP International;
10. to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as HCP International;
11. if HCP International or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
12. we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted to do so by law; and
13. we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news via job alerts. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive. Job alerts can also be received via RSS feeds without having to provide your email address. Job alerts emails are sent by HCP International or a group company some of which are outside the European Economic Area (in which case your details will be sent to or accessed by that group company to enable them to issue the relevant job e-mail alert to you).
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the HCP International database, and will be accessible by HCP International recruitment consultants in the UK, Middle East and Asia.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be replaced.
Aggregate Information about HCP International online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example, which area users’ access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
We also track where your application has arisen from e.g. Google, job boards etc.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to ask HCP International to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. which relate to tax matters.
Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferral to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of HCP International. Visitors should consult the other websites' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
HCP International is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymous basis.
If you have any enquires you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
The Company Secretary
HCP International Limited
1 The Pavilions
39 Brighton Road